The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Face of Love

As I am posting this piece, there are showing the movie "Dead Man Walking" *ing Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon on Star Movies. I am watching it for the first time, after hearing good reviews about this movie from my friends. As the titles were appearing, I could distinctly hear the strains of Indian music - notably strains of sitar and rhythm of the tabla. After paying attention carefully, I noticed that it was the golden voice of Late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. As is usual with me, I picked up my laptop and immediately googled for some trivia on the song. It happened to be the song "The Face of Love". The MP3 is available here on the internet. Download and listen to the same. Its brilliant. Here are the lyrics to the song. It is a duet with Edward Vedder (One of Bob Dylan's disciples):
jeena kaisa pyar bina [what is life without love?]
is duniya mein aaye ho to [now that you have come to this world]
ek duje se pyar karo [love each other, one another]
jeena kaisa pyar bina [what is life without love?]
is duniya mein aaye ho to [now that you have come to this world]
ek duje se pyar karo [love each other, one another]

look in the eyes
of the face of love
look in her eyes
oh, there is peace
no, nothing dies
within pure light
only one hour
of this pure love
to last a life
of thirty years
only one hour
so come and go
I am still humming the song in my mind. The song makes you introspect deeply. Many of Tim Robbins movies make you introspect. He is the same guy who acted in some of other favorite movies like "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Antitrust".

1 Comments:

Blogger Maverick said...

Though I didn't see the movie, I managed to catch one of those scenes when Nusrat's song was playing in the background. Knew about Nusrat's Hollywood connections in a few movies. But I guess 'Dead Man Walking' was the most popular !!!

Mon Jan 23, 10:33:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home