The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Anyone got a light?

Folks,

I do not know if anybody of you follows Dave Barry's articles published at the Miami Herald. Firstly I do not know what to classify these as. Satirical humor or plain prose. I have not managed to put a tag yet. I might not, thats besides the point though.

Anyways, check out this article. If you are fellow Engineer, I know you would suddenly go "hmmm..." like I did midway through the article. I think what has been described is a salient characteristic of anybody that has gone through the mortification process. In other words, graduated as an engineer.

Most engineers would pride themselves on their analytical abilities, with a due reason of course. We all analysed what is the percentage of cells that were brain dead in the head of the Mechanics professor... and we did come up with precise numbers. For instance, the Basic Electronics prof had 75.34% cells that are kaput and was a absolute winner amongst all profs. I know I am digressing, but it is fun writing about memories. ;-)

Well, the point here is... Engineers do run behind problems and attempt to solve them with figments of imagination that are at best outlandish. Reality is something that dawns on them, clicking off something inside their heads. Some do not bother about the sudden darkness in their heads and continue with a torch-light or probably a nuke-fuelled light emitting device, if you may! Result? Beer Brains or stuff like these. No, I am not kidding. Check this page out...

Ok, I gotta give the spot back to Dave Barry now. Over to Dave Barry!

Anyone got a light?

Thanks, Dave Barry! That was really en-light-ening! So folks, you all now know what might have happened if you see a mushroom cloud blooming up!

Adios!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home