The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Project Manager's Poem

Today, Nov 2nd, is International Project Management Day. It is a day when Project Managers celebrate their achievements and take a moment to pat themselves on their backs. Mostly the unsung heroes of any monumental achievement, project managers are those that are responsible for the make or break of any undertaking, big or small. For more, refer internationalpmday.com website.

So, in the morning, when I saw some emails about PM Day, I thought of sharing something nice with the PM community. I searched some nice trivia, pictures etc and could not find anything that appealed to me. I searched for poems, and I did find one, but I could not identify with it. And so, I decided to write one of my own. And so here goes...

Akin to a driver for a vehicle
To steer it past every obstacle
Akin to the teacher for a subject
To train the student in every aspect
Akin to the captain of a team
To ensure you win, with steam!
So you are to your projects
Like a King for his subjects
In your practice, be wise and diligent
Doing so, set an example, excellent
You are important, You are the Reason
Success depends on you as a person
Around you, may the above reverberate
So, go ahead and celebrate!

Happy International PM Day!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home