The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Does "No Parking" mean you can park?


Found this on a street off Ulsoor Road, Bangalore. I dont know how this symbol can be read any other way.

I got a no-parking ticket in a parking area a few days back. I am sure I did not park long over there. How much does 20 minutes seem to you? Am still coming to terms with it. How could I get a parking ticket in that spot, when I have not got any ticket whenever I have parked my car at the same place for over a year now? No clue. Am planning to take it up with the RTO.

Lesson learnt: Even in a proper parking space, do not park the car if it the only car in that space.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the No Parking sign on for both the directions? I could see the right arrow but not clear about the left. :-)

Mon Nov 14, 12:15:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the car isnt parked. its stopped. parking is prohibited while stopping is. In your case parking was allowed but not stopping. the difference between both is highly debatable and I am sure the RTO would take the pains & time to explain it to you ...

Mon Nov 14, 03:40:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home