The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Its emotional to leave the place that you have literally lived through...

Most of us change homes, migrate to new cities, change office buildings, jump companies... and the like. All the while, we retain a piece of the old chip with us. May be good memories or otherwise. Sometimes, we grow so comfortable in the setting that moving out of it is a big ordeal for us.

Change is the only constant in life, someone said. Dealing with change is what life is mostly about. Anyways, before I launch out on a full blown philosophical rhetoric... I will stop.

Check the link below.
Fish Market's Salty Souls Bid South St. a Misty Adieu - New York Times

It was a place they all despised. It stinked. It was raw. Weather was cruel. And yet when they had to leave... they kinda realised that they loved the place so much. It had become a integral part of their lives.

Which place do you think has left such an impression on you? For me, it was TIFR, Mumbai and NCST, Bangalore. Both gave such wonderful experiences for me that I call them my golden years when I was a bachelor.

Post marriage, I am waiting to see something like platinum. For everything is golden. :-) (No, I am not maska maro-fying anybody! Honest!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home