The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Monday, August 14, 2006

US != USA ?

I saw this link on PutVote.com and promptly went over to check it out. The games described therein are certainly wonderful. Most of all, I loved playing the game called "Guess The Place". I used to pride myself in my knowledge of geography but this game proved that knowledge was very dated.

However, there seem to be some mistakes in the game output. For instance, check the image below.



I would think that the backend has a string-compare function after a to-lower to avoid differences due to upper and lower cases. But in the above example, the string-compare was too dumb to see through the point!

A case in point for good code review checklist and exhaustive user testing!

PS: On another tangent, United States should be more relevant as US is no longer looking only at continental US + Hawaii + Alaska... a lot more of the world comes under their "administration". :-) So, USA will eventually become US and it will become a Globally Integrated Nation! :-))

2 Comments:

Blogger Philipp Lenssen said...

Thanks, it's fixed!

Mon Aug 14, 11:39:00 PM GMT+5:30  
Blogger Rubic_Cube said...

Thanks for stopping by, Phillip! And glad that you sorted that out.

Tue Aug 22, 09:27:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home