The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Killing me softly...

Work related health issues are on the rise. What used to be faced by our parents in their 40's and their parents in their late 50's and thereof, is now being faced by us in our late 20's and 30's. Everything from obesity to diabetes, back pain to heart attacks - age is no longer a parameter for us to gauge that someone could be suffering from these. Latest claimant? Me.

After consistent pain on my left nape, I finally decided to visit a doctor yesterday. I thank my stars for having done that, because I usually am prone to postpone such things. The doctor diagnozed this as early stage of Cervical Spondylitis. Needless to add, I was kinda zapped. Zapped because I did not expect to have something like this so early. But then, who expects to have an illness, right? :-)

Some medications and exercises are in order. It is also an opportunity for me to review what I really want from my life, how important is my work for me, how much should I really work etc. Unless I decide and act now, I don't think medications or exercise can help. It is a 2 pronged approach - exercise + life style.

Ayurveda seems to help this particular ailment a lot. Maverick forwarded me a link today morning that helped a lot. Thanks Mav!

The title of this post is the title of a song. Why did I choose this? Just to emphasise that work related stress disorders (WSD) do not provide signs of their onset very clearly. And when they do, you know you are beginning to lose control over your life, unless you choose to act and counter the negative effect.

Take Care of yourselves, Folks! Jaan hai tho jahaan hai!!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home