The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Are all nursery rhymes safe for children?

Mary Mary quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.


When you read this, it sounds like any other normal poem. Right?

Now read this page.

After reading the above page, I am not sure if I want my daughter to recite such a poem. Not sure how many poems are packaged as nursery poems and actually have a murkier significance.

Sigh!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/ring_around_the_rosy.htm

chk out this also.. . My teacher had told about this in our 10th class.

Wed Dec 05, 02:07:00 PM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home