The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall Foliage in New Hampshire

My grandmother once told me - Even if you forget that nature is changing, nature will make sure to let you know. My previous experience in the US helped cement that statement. However, it was apparent that something remained to complete an unknown void. Vivid Fall Foliage. And that too in US North East.

So, this time around, I made sure that I drove up north to New Hampshire (NH) to see what is famously touted as the best fall foliage seen on Earth. While I expected to see a lot more colorful scenery, what I saw was not less than splendid.

We left last Saturday at 2:30PM and reached Keene, NH at 7:15PM. We checked into a hotel and then walked around Main Street. Keene is a nice little town, having an old English flavor. People are cordial and nice. I did not notice any other Indian family there other than us. And probably more than 95% people are White Americans.

The route that we took for the scenic drive was the same one as proposed on visitnh.gov. We drove through the towns of Keene, Jaffery, Dublin, West Rindge, Peterborough, Hancock, Stoddard, Marlow and Gilsum.

We left Keene at around 2:30PM on Sunday. It took us a good 6 hours to return because of traffic snags. You could see all vacationing people returning back to their homes in CT or NY or NJ or probably further on. We did some intelligent decisions by taking exits that took us on State Routes so that we could join the Interstates after the exits where snags were being reported. It did help us save upto have hour or so.

The pictures are uploaded on Picasa Google and Flickr. Though the colors were not as vivid as someone has seen in Vermont, I did get to see colors that NH is famous for. Check the albums for more. Here are some of my favorites.

Route 124 en route Jaffery from Keene, NH.

Fallen - another macro

Pond en route Marlow on Route 123

Marlow


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home