The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Cherry Blossom Festival, Washington DC

If you are located close to Washington DC around this time of year, then you should NOT miss the National Cherry Blossom Festival.

The website of the National Cherry Blossom Festival provides info on the peak blooming period, which happens to fall between March 26th and March 28th this year. The Cherry Blossom Festival has a nice history to it. Do read it. Maps, Instructions and other important information... one quick tip. Reach early and park your car in an easily reachable spot. Else finding a parking spot would be the most difficult thing to do. And my word, the last thing you want to do at the end of the day would be to walk some miles to the spot where you parked your car!

I am recounting experiences from my 2003 visit to DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival. Check the pics below. I had used a 2MP Minolta Dimage 2X. The Canon Powershot Pro G2 came on much later. :-) Click on the pics for a bigger image.


During the peak blossoming period, you will not see any leaves on the Cherry Blossom trees. Only flowers!


You will walk on a carpet of petals! How often do you get to do this?


Wow... what colors?! Tulips swaying in the afternoon sun!


Washington Monument and its reflection on the waters of Tidal Basin


Cherry Blossom Trees in full bloom along the Tidal Basin


Jefferson Monument, visible across the Tidal Basin, and Cherry Blossoms


A fuddled up attempt, trying a new frame...

I still remember the trip that I had made back then. I cannot wait to see it again, if I travel to DC again... that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home