The Gift of GaB

My rants, writings, outpourings, musings and whatever else can be penned/typed down!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

One of the best quotes I have read!

I do not know who said this. If you know, please let me know.

There is a lot of good in the worst of us
And a lot of bad in the best of us
That it is not given to any of us
To judge the rest of us!
~ Anon.


Shared with me by my grandfather. It was one of lovely talks that we were into. And this gem of a quote just came out of his memory. The simplicity and the lyrical beauty just hits me straight. I remember reading it in some book that we should always grant the benefit of doubt in favour of the other person, when our mind is in conflict over a right or a wrong. I practice this every moment and it has left me immensely peaceful. Maybe you could also just give it a thought and practice it.

Peace \/ !!

2 Comments:

Blogger sriramanarpanam said...

Instead of giving the benefit of doubt to either person's mind, know that the doubter exists as slong as one identifies with the contents of the mind.

Good, bad, right and wrong, pleasure and pain are transient states of mind - relative terms not to be taken absolutely, anyway. If we know ourself to be the changeless witness of the changeful mind we transcend relativity.

Thy Own Self!

Thu Nov 17, 11:21:00 AM GMT+5:30  
Blogger sriramanarpanam said...

Our True SELF is absolute and free from all qualities - good and bad - Let the veil which is this mind be lifted that we may BE the True Self.

Thy Own SELF

Thu Nov 17, 11:38:00 AM GMT+5:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home